Monday, August 23, 2010

Iowa State Fair 2010

The Iowa State Fair is like a giant playground for wonderful food! This is my second year going and I think it only got better! Grantid last year I was like 7months prego and so stinking hot and tired I could hardly stand it...but it was worth it. This year it rained...not a lot but some. Renee and I were OK with that cuz it kept the temperature cool which was AWESOME!
We also did a little sight seeing while we were there too.

 
Jeremiah and me happy to be at the fair on vacation. I had to stop to take a photo on the steps of John Wayne's birth place in Winterset, IA (Madison County) 



  
we found this statue of John Wayne that had two real guns built into it and one of the real covered bridges of Madison County 


  
Jay and Renee smooching in the light and Jeremiah and me doing the same 



  
 Renee, Jer and Jay at Aunt Lila's grave (Jay's Sister) and Endry with the Duke



  
 Jer, me and Endry on the steps of City Hall  and a view from the inside out of the covered bridge



  
 small Iowa town City Hall and Jer and me "at the Iowa State Fair"



  
 Renee with the largest pumpkin, over 1,300lbs and a floating marble world that floats on water



  
 sand art of Star Boars...the artists were working on it while we were there. And the lady is a cloth sculpture



  
Renee and Jay playing with the butterfies in the butterfly tent 



  
the three stuges and the first time we saw the sun all day - at 6pm 



the one and only photo we took of us eating food...this is fried pinapple (very good

1 comment: