Friday, February 13, 2009

A Happy 28th Birthday!

I started off the day as usual....wake up, turn off alarm....go back to bed for 15 minutes more. Then wake up again and head to the bathroom for the "getting ready" rituals. Although, this mornings rituals were quite different from all the others.
I have a sinus infection that was really getting me down! And I knew that my "aunt flo" (for any boys reading who get grossed out at the word 'menstrual') had not come to visit like she should....I felt it necessary to take a test... ...and it was POSITIVE!
And so, I kinda freaked out a bit. Wondering if I got the on in a million chance that the test is a false positive, but then I quickly remembered how stupid that thought was and I got in the shower.
At about 7:30am Jeremiah wondered in from work and I hugged him and led him into the bathroom to see what I had done. I pushed his face over to the test stick, he said "What does that mean? I don't know how to read this thing, there is a plus and a line...". As I explained how the test worked he said, "So, your pregnant?" and I replied, "Yes".
After a big grin on his face, a long hug and a few tears from me, Jeremiah set off to do what every husband should do for his wife...


Jeremiah making me breakfast...................me getting ready to eat my breakfast!

After I called the doctor and got a blood test to confirm the pregnancy they gave October 10th as my tentative due date. (even though I think it will be later than that)
We are excited and happy for the upcoming months. I think we will get more excited the more it seems like there is a baby in me. But for now we will just pray that all goes well at the check points along the way.
What a great Birthday (for me), Valentine's Day, and Birthday (for Jer) present!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Yay Yay!! Wohoo...wohoo...wohoo!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I already said congrats on facebook but now I am glad to know when you are due! So exciting! You guys are going to be awesome parents and I am seriously sad you are moving!! You are definitely going to have to keep me posted on everything!

    ReplyDelete